LATITUDE is seeking proactive learners and makers to fill multiple Lab Assistant positions! Please see complete info about the position below. To apply, please email Lab Coordinator Tom Dryjanski with a CV in PDF format.
LATITUDE provides advanced digital media equipment and a professional production space for established and emerging artists. Our membership programs offer DIY printing, scanning, and a service bureau. Our programming includes workshops, artist talks, educational series, and an active artist in residence program. We act as a community hub for students, working artists, professional photographers, educators, and photo-enthusiasts of all types.
The Lab Assistantship is a mentorship and training program. Lab Assistants help maintain LATITUDE's functionality on a day to day basis, and they are provided with the opportunity to learn and grow technically, aesthetically, and professionally. The position is one 8 hour shift per week spent working directly with the Lab Coordinator, Executive Director, and Senior Lab Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Help members understand and improve digital workflows through project completion.
· Assist Lab Coordinator in multiple capacities, technical and administrative.
· Assist Artists-in-Residence as directed by Lab Coordinator.
· Occasionally assist Executive Director with a variety of administrative and programming tasks.
· Help produce occasional programming (artist talks, exhibitions, etc.).
· Help create a positive working experience for lab members.
· Basic point of sale procedures.
· Maintain lab standards of cleanliness.
Helpful Skills, Knowledge, Experience
· Advanced Photoshop knowledge
· Additional Creative Suite programs a plus
· Advanced inkjet printing experience, Epson printers a plus
· Digital scanning techniques (flatbed, Imacon, drum scanners)
· Customer service experience a huge plus
· Receive a complimentary membership and sharply discounted production rates for printing and scanning.
· Learn a variety of printing, scanning, and general production techniques to become a lab expert.
· Receive focused, one-on-one meetings with the Lab Coordinator and Executive Director on a variety of aesthetic and professional development topics (e.g. a portfolio review, info on how to conduct a studio visit, etc.)
· Grow with a small nonprofit as we help artists and photographers realize their vision.
· We sometimes work with schools so that the Lab Assistantship can be used for school credit. If you're interested in specifics, please let us know.
LATITUDE is very focused on education within the space and we value a diverse skill set. Come work with us!
Email email@example.com with a CV to apply.