Full Time Salary Position
LATITUDE is looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable member to add to our team for the new year! The Lab Director will be an integral part of LATITUDE and influential to our non-profit’s development as it continues to grow. We are looking for someone with a passion for imaging technology and education, strong interpersonal and management skills, and the continuous drive to learn in a fast-paced environment.
General Responsibilities include:
• Manage a digital lab on a daily basis with the oversight of the Executive Director
• Directly manage and educate a volunteer staff of 10-15 Lab Assistants
• Oversee the lab experience of all users with the ongoing support of Lab Assistants
• Manage LATITUDE’s service bureau production, which includes printing, scanning,
and advanced visualization work
• Act at the primary point of contact for the technical needs of Artists in Residence
• Run educational workshops and one-on-one tutoring sessions
• Manage the resident Lab Technician in equipment maintenance and development
LATITUDE is a 501(c)(3) organization located in Chicago that depends on community and volunteer support. We maintain a digital lab with high-end scanning and printing equipment available for DIY use, operate an artist in residence program, and organize ongoing arts programming.
LATITUDE’s mission is to provide access to high-end digital media equipment, a professional production space, and a curriculum dedicated to real-world workflows and contemporary art theory.
Salary range: $19,000-22,000 commensurate with experience, with the possibility of a year-end bonus.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with priority deadline of January 15th and final deadline of January 31st. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will sit down with members of our staff and board to discuss the position in January or early February, with a start date in February.