HIRING - Lab Director 2018
Full Time Salary Position
LATITUDE is looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual to join the staff! The Lab Director is an integral part of the LATITUDE Team and influential to the non-profit’s development as it continues to grow. We are looking for someone with a passion for imaging technology and education, strong interpersonal and management skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining focus and the continuous drive to learn in a fast-paced environment.
General Responsibilities include:
- Manage the digital lab on a daily basis under the oversight of the Executive Director
- Hire, manage, educate, and mentor a volunteer staff of 15 Lab Assistants
- Oversee the lab experience of all DIY lab users with the support of Lab Assistants
- Manage and execute LATITUDE’s service bureau production, which includes printing, scanning, and advanced visualization work
- Act as the primary point of contact for the technical needs of Artists in Residence
- Occasionally lead educational workshops and/or one-on-one tutoring sessions
- Manage Lab Technician(s) on Service Bureau production, equipment maintenance, and development of best practices and education
- Work with Executive Director, staff, and fellows to guide the organization's growth and define needs and goals over time
- Complete all responsibilities with a focus on fostering an inclusive and welcoming lab environment; it is critical that the LD be approachable and patient with everyone that enters the space
Salary range: $25,000-$27,000 commensurate with experience, with the potential for year-end bonus based upon performance.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a priority deadline of April 2nd and final deadline of April 19th. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will sit down with members of our staff and board to discuss the position in April, with a start date in May 2018. LATITUDE requests a minimum commitment of 1 year.
LATITUDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to intentionally creating a diverse and inclusive team. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.